Happy Wednesday guys! How’s your week going? It’s almost end of the semester for me and I can’t wait for the semester to end. Need some break…lol Anytime I say I need a break I still find something to do I can’t just sit down and be still. But I’m still looking forward to summer. So the recipe I’m sharing today is a very basic one. Who doesn’t like French toast? So, I want you to take your french toast to another level…lol.
It’s the same ingredients for toast bread plus jelly/jam. It’s delicious trust me! If you’re craving donut (check the recipe out) this would also help…lol. I showed two ways of using the bread, one was cut into a circle and the other still has its shape, I only peeled off the crust. Please make sure the bread you’re using is thick if not it won’t hold together, I used Texas toast bread. Let’s cook!
- 4 Slices Bread Trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam or your choice
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Whole milk
- Dash of Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Get your ingredients ready.
Cut out the bread to form a circle but it is optional
Trim the bread but it is optional too
- Gently place the jam in the middle of the bread, leave some space on the edge to avoid spilling when pressed together.
- Place the second slice bread and gently press together.
Break the egg, milk, add the vanilla extract.
- Place a skillet/saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Place the bread into the egg mixture (don’t soak it up) and coat both sides.
- Place the coated bread in the skillet and cook on both sides for about 2 minutes until its slightly golden brown.
Remove and sprinkle 9(or put the sugar on a plate) some confectioner sugar or caster sugar over it, optional.