This is a very simple apple slaw recipe you can quickly whip up in a jiffy. Like any other coleslaw or slaw, this apple slaw recipe has a creamy dressing that goes with it perfectly. For the slaw, the major ingredients are apple, cabbage, and carrot. you can add a variety of other ingredients to it.
A good addition to slaw is green onions, cilantro, lettuce, or cabbage in different colors. A dash of cayenne makes a difference but it is an optional ingredient. If you don’t have apples at home or you don’t want to use it, feel free to nix the apples and use just the cabbage and carrot. Throw in any additional ingredients you like in your slaw, dried is also goes well with slaw.
You might want to try;
- For slaw
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 apples (cored and thinly sliced)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Sour cream (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Clean the cabbage, I usually remove a couple of outer layers, but you decide if you want to peel them off, scrape off the carrots and remove the ends.
Shred the cabbage and carrot, you can use a food processor, I used a food processor for the carrot and knife for the cabbage ou can use a food processor for shredding both.
- Cut the apples and core the middle part. Slice thinly into matches sticks.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss a slaw and the dressing together. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy.
P.S: Good additions to slaw are cilantro, green onions, lettuce, purple cabbage
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: