Chicken is one of the proteins we eat at my house. I try to change things up so the kids won’t be bored with it. Here, I’m sharing one of the ways I make my chickens, and trust me this is better than “fast food” chicken. This buttermilk fried chicken breast was coated twice before I fry the chicken. I used one habanero/rodo for a little kick but it’s optional, so adjust the season to your preference.
This buttermilk fried chicken breast is everything you want to try. Trust me, it is delicious and you would want to make it every time. You may want to check other chicken recipes on my blog, I’ll put some links below. Let’s fry some chickens!
You might want to try;
- 1.5 Pound Chicken
- 1.5 Cups Buttermilk
- Small onion (chopped)
- 1 Habanero/Rodo/Jalapeno (optional)
- 1.5 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Clean the chicken breast
- Slice up the chicken if it’s too big
- Place a slice of chicken over a parchment paper and cover with another parchment paper
- Use a mallet to flatten the chickens or a rolling pin to pound/flatten.
- Season the buttermilk with salt and pepper, also add habanero if you’re using spice.
- Add the flatten chicken into the seasoned buttermilk and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In another plate mix the flour, baking powder, cayenne, paprika peppers, salt, and peppers
- Heat up oil in a dutch/frying pan/skillet to about 350 degrees F.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat in the flour mixture.
Put the coated chicken in the marinade again.
Place the chicken in the flour mixture to coat again.
- Fry the chicken for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to about 250 degrees F
- Drain the chicken on a rack and place the fried chicken into the oven to keep them warm while you fry the remaining chickens.
- Serve and enjoy with the sauce of your choice.
If you don't have buttermilk, you can make it yourself for a cup of milk take a tablespoon out and replace with lemon juice/ white apple cider vinegar (acv) and set aside for about 5-10 minutes. That's it!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: