Cashew chicken recipe is a great way to enjoy chicken. This cashew chicken recipe is a tasty chicken recipe that’s not complicated to make. The sauce is simple and delicious! The toasted cashew gave it some kick with a crunchy texture.
Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand or your favorite and if you don’t want to add vegetables you can nix the vegetables and prepare it without it, you still going to get a tasty meal and to crown it all it doesn’t take time. There are so many chicken recipes on the site, please check them out and I hope you try out this cashew chicken recipe.
You might want to try;
- 1 Pound Boneless chicken breast (2 cups; cut into small size)
- ¾ Cup Roasted unsalted cashews
- ½ Cup Red bell (chopped)
- 2 Green onions (cut into rings)
- ½ Cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup Vegetables (I used broccoli and zucchini, use any vegetables of your choice)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Rice vinegar (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add cornstarch and coat very well. You can use a Ziploc bag for this process.
- Heat the oils and cook the coated chicken on both sides for about 3-5 minutes depending on how big the chicken. You don’t need to fully cook the chicken because you’re going to continue the cooking, later on, 80% is okay. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet, add the onion, green onions, bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli (or any vegetables you’re using), and garlic. Stir and cook for about 3minutes or until the vegetables are tender and crispy.
Return the chicken and roasted cashew, stir and continue to cook.
In a small bowl, add rice vinegar (if you’re using), honey, soy sauce, ginger, and whisk. Add the sauce to the chicken mixture and combine. Let the sauce simmer for about 1-2 minutes or more. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: