If you’re looking for a simple fried chicken recipe this chicken schnitzel recipe is for you. Chicken schnitzel is very simple to make, all you need to do is to pound your skinless chicken breast for even fast and even cooking season and set aside, create your dredge station, then coat dip, and coat again with the mixture of the ingredients and fry in hot oil.
The cooking is simple but the taste is everything because it’s full of flavors, don’t take my words for it try it and confirm. Before you start cooking make sure you pound your chicken wash your hands before proceeding with the setting up of the dredge station.
You might want to try these recipes;
- 2 big boneless and skinless chicken breasts (pounded and flattened)
- ½ Cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika (optional)
- 1 Egg (beaten with 2 Tablespoons water)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Place chicken breast (one at a time) in between paper parchment of a bag then use a rolling pin/mallet then pound to flatten to about ¼” thickness, do the same thing to the second one.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Make the dredge station: Clean your hands and whisk an egg and 2 tablespoons of water season with paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, in another one bowl add the breadcrumbs and season with salt, and pepper and mix to combine. Make sure you don’t over-season the egg, flour, and breadcrumb.
- Line your station respectively; flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Heat oil about half a cup in a skillet/pan over medium-high heat. Coat the seasoned chicken into flour shake the excess off then dip into the egg mixture, finally coat with the breadcrumbs.
Fry the coated chicken in the hot oil (To test the hotness of the oil, just drop a few breadcrumbs into the oil and if it sizzles then it is hot enough to fry) and fry on both sides for about 3 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Remove onto a wire rack (placed on a baking sheet) then fry the second chicken until golden brown on both sides. If you need to add more oil do so before adding the second chicken and allow to heat up before frying the second chicken.
Note: If you’re not ready to eat it immediately, heat the oven to 250 degrees F and place the chicken into the oven and to make crispy and warm.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: