This chocolate bundt cake is moist, delicious and decadent. It is all shade of chocolate so if you love chocolate this is for you. If you don’t want icing on your cake or just want something simple this chocolate bundt cake delivers just that and if you want just a simple glaze over it I added a simple chocolate glaze that goes well with this cake.
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, if you don’t want to dine out this cake is perfect for the day. The cake could be enjoyed as it if you don’t want any glaze and if you want to glaze it doesn’t take time and this could be done while the cake is baking. If you don’t want the glaze simple powdered sugar is good for it too.
You might want to try;
- 1 ¾ Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ - 2 cups Granulated sugar (adjust to your preference)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot espresso coffee
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Grease the bundt pan (I used 10”) with butter or baking/ cooking spray then sprinkle some flour over to coat then discard the excess and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk oil, eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk.
Add all the dry ingredients; cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and combine. Mix with the buttermilk mixture(from the previous step) You can do the mixing in a mixer or use a spatulate and a big bowl.
- Add the coffee and combine it.
Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or more until done. The time may vary.
- Allow the cake to cool down then remove it from the pan.
After cooling down completely drizzle the chocolate glaze and some powdered sugar if you desire. Chocolate chips are all good addition for the garnish.
Slice and enjoy.
- ¼ Cup dark milk chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 tablespoons hot water (or a slight bit more, as needed)
- Pinch of salt
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium for about 1 minute. Stir and continue to heat for about 15 seconds at a time, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir.
Add small amounts of boiling water to the mixture until thinned as desired. If you mistakenly add too much water and it is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar and If too thick, add more hot water (small quantity at a time) until you get the consistency you want.
Pour over the cake.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: