It’s another week and another delicious coconut curry chicken with rice recipe. Happy New Week to Y’all. Coconut curry chicken with rice is another way to enjoy your rice, if you love coconut definitely you’re going to love this recipe. Add curry, chicken takes the tasty to another level, it’s delicious!
This recipe requires mostly what you have at home or can source easily. For the pepper used, I used sweet peppers but you can substitute bell peppers and use any color of your choice. I used half-pound of chicken but you can use more than than that. I also toasted the rice to develop more flavor but if you don’t want to toast it is okay just add the rice but I recommend you do.
Ensure you don’t add too much broth or water so you don’t end up with a pot of mushy rice.
You might want to try this;
- 1.5 Long grain rice
- ½ Pound boneless and skinless chicken breast (use more if you desire)
- 1 Can Coconut milk (14.5oz)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Red sweet pepper (chopped you can use the red bell)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-3 Teaspoons Curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Red pepper flakes (adjust to your pepper tolerance)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add rice and cover with water and set aside. Also, chop the vegetables, clean the chicken and cut into strips or dice then season with some curry, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pot, over medium-high heat, add the seasoned chicken and cook on both sides it takes about 2 minutes. Transfer into a plate and set aside.
In the same pan, add the ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and the remaining curry stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and sweet peppers. Combine and cook for a few minutes.
Rinse the soaked rice until water runs clear and drain. Add the rice to the curry mixture and stir, toast for a few minutes.
Add the coconut milk and stir, add a small quantity of chicken broth the same level as the rice or just a little bit over it. Soaking the rice is optional if you decide not to soak the rice you can still toast but you’ll need to use more broth, so add broth or water just above the rice level.
Return the chicken, cover and bring to a boil then simmer until the rice is fully cooked. Stir and check the seasoning, readjust if necessary.
Your rice is ready!
Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: