Creamy fettuccine with shrimp is always a hit, either you like pasta or not if you try this recipe you’re hooked. It’s so delicious and not expensive to make. The creamy sauce is everything! You don’t have to use shrimps, add any seafood, protein of your choice, but I definitely like the seafood flavor. I have some pasta dish you might want to try out.
Pasta with Tomato Beef Sauce
- 8 0z Fettuccine (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 Pound Raw shrimps (peeled, deveined, and tail on/off)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flake
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil/butter
- 1 Teaspoon Minced garlic (or 1 clove)
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream/heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup Broth and pasta water
- Pinch Chopped onion
- Permagiano-regganio cheese (optional)
- Knorr seasoning powder/cube
- Salt and pepper
Boil fettuccine or any pasta you're using. Boil water, salt and add the pasta. Cook according to the packet less 2 minutes (undercook the pasta for 2 minutes) because you will continue the cooking in the sauce.
Clean the shrimps, peeled, deveined, leave the tail on or remove them. Season with knorr, creole seasoning, oregano, and salt. Set Aside
Place a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the oil/butter, saute garlic, a pinch of chopped onion, red pepper flake, and tomato paste.
Add the seasoned shrimp and cook on both sides for about 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the broth and pasta water, sour cream or heavy cream whichever you're using and bring to a rolling boil. If you don't have broth use just pasta water.
Return the shrimps and let simmer. Add salt and pepper, if you're using cheese add at this stage.
Add the fettuccine/pasta and combine. Turn off the heat and let the pasta simmer.
Your creamy fettuccine/pasta with shrimp is ready.
Serve and enjoy!