I love tacos and one of the ways to enjoy tacos without any guilt is to make crispy low carb fish tacos. As its name implies it’s crispy and super delicious. Crispy low carb fish taco was coated in egg, then toasted breadcrumbs then baked. If you don’t want it very crispy you can coat the fish without toasting the breadcrumbs before using it.
If you try this crispy low carb fish tacos you’d make it every week if not every day, yeah, it’s that good and doesn’t take time to make. Instead of using taco shells to serve the fish, I served it in lettuce and added some avocados, coleslaw, and sauce to make it creamy. Feel free to add any sides you’d love in tacos.
You might want to try;
- 4 Fish fillets; cod/tilapia/sole or any fillets of your choice (almost 1 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- ¾ Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 Teaspoons Whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- 1 Bunch Romaine lettuce
- Cucumber (diced)
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon Chili (adjust to your preference)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside or refrigerate.
Preheat the oven and spread the breadcrumbs in a baking sheet, drizzle the oil and mix then toast under broil (set your oven to broil ) for 1-2 minutes then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all the seasonings; Cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne and set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides (make sure the fish is not wet).
In another bowl, whisk an egg and milk then season with the seasoning you made in step 3, also season the fish with the seasoning mixtures.
- Coat the fish in the egg mixture then the toasted breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess and place the coated fish on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper.
Bake in 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until it is cooked; about 145 degrees F internal temperature.
You'll notice the fish are crispy and nice to touch.
Assemble the Tacos; Place cleaned lettuce on a plate then add the fixing then drizzle the sauce over it. You can also add some lime slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: