Do you know you can make dairy-free bread? This beautiful and tasty bread is dairy-free bread, it has no milk or egg so if you’re milk intolerance this bread is for you. The taste is so good and you can’t tell it has no milk or egg. Either you like milk and egg in your bread or not this bread is for you.
I made some slits on the dough before baking, if you want to make this same slit designs when you want to make the loaves flatten the dough with a rolling pin then roll up with your hands when you get to about a quarter before you complete the roll-up slit with a knife then complete the rolling and secure the seam by pinching the dough and place the seam side underneath.
You might want to try;
- 4 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (adjust to your preference)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (or your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Egg wash (one egg plus a tablespoon of water whisked)
- In a big bowl or a stand mixer bowl, add warm water, yeast, and sprinkle some small quantity of sugar, mix, and set aside for about 5 minutes r until it foams up. Make sure the water is just warm to touch, hot water will the yeast. If you’re using instant yeast, you don’t need to proof it just add to the flour.
- While the yeast foaming up, add flour, sugar, salt, and whisk together.
- With the dough hook, mix the yeast mixture and gently add the dry ingredients and knead on low until all the flour mixture is incorporated then increase the speed and add the oil and knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is stretchy. You can also use hand to mix the dough just make sure you knead very well and form a ball.
- Oil the bowl side and the top of the dough, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and place in a warm place to double up about one hour. I usually warm (not hot) my oven for a few minutes before starting to mix the dough, turn off the heat. Then place the dough to fasten the process.
Grease the 2 bread pans 9x5 pan size is good or use any size you have then set aside. When the dough is ready, punch down the down on a floured surface and cut into two.
Form a loaf, you can roll the dough flat then roll up to form a loaf if that’s more convenient and place in the prepared pan, do the same for the second dough. Place in a warm place and let rise for about 40-45 minutes. If you want to do the design I did for mine, after cutting the dough into two, pick one and roll the dough with a rolling pin and roll the dough forward, when you have about a quarter dough left, use a knife to make makes then continue to roll forward and pinch down the end, place the seam down in the pan.
Place in the rolled dough in the prepared pan.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F during the last 15 minutes, brush the dough with egg wash and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until it is golden brown.
Brush some butter over the bread crusts cover with a clean kitchen towel, allow to cool down, remove the loaves, and serve.
Place on a wire rack and allow to cool down completely.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: