So last week we woke up to see everywhere covered with snow, so what suits the weather than some Tilapia fish pepper soup? Nothing beats this soup! It is delicious and flavorful. I prepared this soup on low heat because I wanted all the seasoned to “marry” together.
Also, I love to prepare my pepper soup ahead of the time then reheat the soup when I am ready to eat it because this allows the spices to get inside the fish and increases the taste and flavor. I used tilapia fish but you can use any firm white fish of your choice, also adjust the spices to your preference. The more habanero/rodo/ dry pepper the more the heat you get. If you want your soup looks a little bit red in color sprinkle some paprika pepper to achieve that.
You might want to try;
- 1 Tilapia fish (cleaned, gutted, and cut into steak)
- 2 Habanero/Rodo (chopped) ; adjust to your preference
- 1/2 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Dry pepper/Cayenne pepper/Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper soup spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger powder/minced ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder/minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Basil/Efinrin/Uziza leaf (adjust to your preference)
- Knorr bouillon powder/cube
- Salt to taste
Clean the fish, cut into steaks and remove the gut and set aside.
Place a medium saucepan/pot over medium-low heat. Add the fish and cover with water, I used 2.5 cups of water. You can use more or less.
Add the garlic, ginger, chopped onion, knorr, and salt. Bring to a boil.
Add chopped habanero/rodo, dry pepper, pepper soup spice. Stir/shake and continue to cook until the fish is fully cooked.
Add basil or efinrin or basil if you're using.
Turn off the heat and allow to simmer. Let it cool before serving.
Tilapia fish pepper soup is ready. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: