Goat meat and mushroom sauce is a delicious meal that can be eaten all by itself or with any side of your choice. It easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients, you can use chicken, pork or any poultry you like to replace the meat. Let’s get started.
- 2 Cups Goat Meat (sliced or diced)
- 1 Pound White Mushroom (sliced)
- 1/2 Green bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper (cut into chunks)
- 3 Tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons Beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly minced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Seasoning of your choice
- Seasoning cube/powder
- 2 Teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons Cornstarch (divided)
- Salt to taste
Cut the meat into cubes or diagonally against the grain about 1/2 inches thick. Clean and rinse. Marinate the meat in seasoning cube, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, salt, garlic powder and seasoning of our choice. Marinate overnight or at least for one hour.
Place a pot or wok over a medium-high heat, add oil, when it's hot add the goat meat and brown both sides. If you're working with a tough meat you might want to boil to soften the meat before you stir-fry.
Remove the meat, in the same pot or wok add ginger and garlic and saute, add onion and move around for a few seconds. Add peppers and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
Mix the oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, beef stock and the remaining cornstarch.
Add the sauce to the mushrooms mixture and stir, transfer the meat to the pot and stir.
Check the seasoning and simmer for about 2-3minutes.
Serve and enjoy it with any sides of your choice or chow down by itself.
2 thoughts on “Goat Meat And Mushroom Sauce”
This looks amazing! Loving your blog already. Good job!
Thank you for stopping by.