- What’s better than homemade fluffy Hawaiian sweet rolls? Absolutely nothing. These rolls are the real deal, they are fluffy, sweet and delicious. These rolls are so super good and everywhere smelt nice while baking them. You can’t compare roolsthese rolls to store bought. I have a delicious Homemade Dinner Rolls recipe on the blog but this is a different recipe and worth trying. It was served with pulled chicken with coleslaw and cucumber. You can use beef, pork or turkey if that’s your preference.
- 5 Cups All-Purpose Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk (warm)
- 1/2 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple juice (or crushed pineapple) warm
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted butter (divided), melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar or Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Proof Yeast: In a small bowl, add warm water and add yeast, sprinkle a little sugar over it.
In a large bowl or a mixer, mix flour, salt, and sugar.
Lightly beat eggs, add warm milk, vanilla extract, and mix.
Add yeast to the flour mixture and for a few seconds. Pour in egg mixtures and mix on a low speed or use a hand for about 1 minute.
Increase the mixer speed and knead the dough for about 6 -8minutes.
if you're using hand mix and transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Form the dough into a big ball.
Grease a large bowl with oil and place the dough ball. Cover and place in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hour or until it doubles in size.
TIP: I usually warm my oven ahead and place the dough, that fasten the process.
Grease a baking sheet with oil and place a parchment paper and set aside. If you don't have parchment paper use just oil but make sure you grease thoroughly.
After the dough has doubled, place it on a floured work surface and gently punch down the dough. Cut into desired size and roll form balls and place on the greased baking sheet.
Brush the rolls with melted butter, cover and place in a warm place to double in size. OR Brush the melted butter after it has risen.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
When the dough has risen bake the dough in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
After about 15 minutes into baking brush another butter over it and continue baking until the time is up or golden brown.
When it's done let the bread rests for about 10 minutes.
To make Pulled Chicken
Add chicken breast or thigh, paprika, sliced onion, chili pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion powders any seasons of your choice, salt, and pepper
Mix everything together and throw in a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Transfer the cooked chicken and use 2 forks to pull apart the chickens.
Return the pulled chicken back into the slow cooker and mix with the juice. Reduce the heat to low and leave it in the slow cooker until you need it.
If you don't have a slow cooker or you don't have the time, instead of throwing the seasoned chicken into the slow cooker. Mix the chicken with all the seasoning except the barbecue sauce.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook seasoned chicken on both sides for about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer onto a plate and add sliced onions and chicken broth and cook until the onion is soft.
- Return the chicken and cook through, remove onto a plate and use 2 forks to pull apart.
- Return it to the pan and add barbecue sauce and cook until it absorbs all the sauce.
You can add more sugar to the bread or use honey. You can also use the mixture of crushed pineapple and pineapple juice.