Hoisin Shrimp Rice Noodles is on the menu today! If you love Asian food you would love this simple but delicious meal. It’s so tasty and doesn’t take time to put together, after a stressful day this is a simple meal you’d want to quickly whip up and enjoy.
I used rice noodles for this Hoisin shrimp rice noodles but you can substitute angel hair pasta or any long pasta you love for it. This recipe involves some Asian sauces, you can use any vegetables of your choice for more variations. I have other pasta recipes on the blog you need to check out if you haven’t before.
You might want to try;
- 12 oz Rice Noodles
- 16 oz Shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail on/off)
- ¼ Cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ Hoisin Sauce
- 1/8 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ Red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ Cup Red onion (sliced)
- 2 Green onions (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 Carrots (diced or sliced)
- ½ Teaspoon Chili
- Salt and pepper
- Walnut for garnish
- Clean the shrimp, pat dry, season with chili, salt, and pepper. Be gentle with salt because of the sauce; it contains sodium. Set aside
- Soak the rice noodles in hot water and cook according to the package instruction and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk water, hoisin, sodium, honey, rice vinegar, half of the sesame oil, ginger, garlic. Set aside.
Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok, or skillet on low heat and arrange the shrimp in a single layer, cook on both sides for about 2 minutes
Then add about 1/8 cup of the sauce you whisked earlier and combine. Remove and set aside.
In the same wok, add pepper, onion and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cooked rice noodle, the remaining sauce and combine reduce the heat to medium and allow the rice noodles to soak up all the sauce and you’ll notice the rice noodles tender.
Depending on how crunchy you want your carrot you can add it when you add the onion or when you add the rice noodles.
- Add the shrimps and green onions. Allow to warm up and heat through.
- Serve and sprinkle with crushed walnut if you desire.
Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: