This sauce is a very basic sauce you can use on your pizza, it is simple and straightforward to make. I posted Homemade Pizza Dough
yesterday, the making of pizza post is coming up next. Stay tuned!
- 1 Can Tomato sauce; 15oz (or crush/whole tomatoes)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil (or your choice)
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- Handful Onion (chopped)
- Knorr bouillon powder/cube
- Salt and pepper
If you’re using a can of the whole tomato, drain and blend
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and heat.
Add the chopped onion, garlic
Add oregano to the onion and garlic, and sauté onion until soft.
- Add the blended tomato and cook on low heat.
Season with salt and black pepper. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes or more until the sauce thickens and you can't taste the sourness in the tomatoes.
- Check the season and readjust if necessary.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and let it cool down before you refrigerate or use immediately.