Honey soy chicken… hmmm! delicious! even from the name, you should know it’s going to be delicious. Here, we eat chicken a lot especially my kids so when you eat a lot of chicken or a particular food all you need to do is to switch things up and let it get more interesting.
So, I’m sharing one of the ways I like to make chickens. Honey soy chicken, you don’t want to miss it. You can use any drumstick, thigh, wings… Let’s get started.
You might want to try;
- 8 Piece Chicken thigh (almost 3 pounds)
- 5 Tablespoons Honey (or more)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Low soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sage powder (or seasoning of your choice)
- Seasoning powder/cube
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the chicken, try any excess fat, and pat dry.
- Clean your hands and mix the seasonings.
- Gently massage the oil over the chicken, add the seasonings.
Mix the honey and soy sauce, pour over the chicken and marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight, if you’re marinating overnight place the chicken in the refrigerator. You can use a zip-lock for the seasoning and mixing on the chicken.
- If the chickens were placed in the refrigerator, make sure you take them out ahead the time and let it get to the room temperature.
Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F for at least 15 minutes, place the chicken (skin-side up) in a baking pan plus the marinade and bake for 40-45 minutes.
After 15- 20 minutes flip the chicken and bake for about 10 minutes then flip back this time skin side up again and continue to bake until the chickens are all done.
- Serve and enjoy with any side dish of your choice.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: