I’m going to show you how to cook quinoa today, I mean how to cook perfect quinoa, quinoa is a herbaceous plant which was grown as a crop. Quinoa is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, protein, minerals, and any more. It has more nutritious and contains more health benefits than rice grain but it can be eaten like most grains.
It comes in different colors and it doesn’t take time to eat. No matter what color you have or want to cook it requires the same process. To get tastier quinoa use broth to prepare it. Also, herbs and butter are good additions to get delicious quinoa. If you’re tired of rice, quinoa is a good substitute for you.
You might want to try;
- 2 Cups Tri-color Quinoa (use any color of your choice)
- 4 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon fresh parsley chopped; (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Measure the quinoa and rinse under running water you can use a fine mesh to drain while rinsing.
- Add to a pot cover with the broth, you can also use water, but I prefer broth because it tastes better. Bring the quinoa to a boil over medium-high heat after it boils reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed all or most of the liquid.
- Add butter and parsley (if you’re using), season with salt, cover, and leave for about 5 minutes to steam on very low heat. Afterward you’d notice some of the curlicues have opened and it is fluffy, you can use a fork to move the quinoa around see how nice it looks.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: