I know it might be surprising to some people and start to ask themselves who doesn’t know how to cook rice?. But showing you how to cook wild rice will help some people in the kitchen in regards to the time or how to cook wild rice because it is different from cooking the normal rice and cooking it might be a little bit tricky.
If you want to cut your calorie intake and increase your protein this wild rice is good for you. So this how to cook wild rice is very straight forward and easy to cook. I use Lundberg wild rice for this recipe but feel free to use any type of wild rice you like.
You might want to try;
- 2 Cups Wild rice
- 7 Cups of stock (or more)
- 1 Tablespoon butter or oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the wild rice very well and if you like you can soak it before cooking.
- Bring to a boil the stock over medium-high heat and add the rice, season with salt and butter and allow to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the rice fully cooked. If you have more liquid in the rice after it is fully cooked drain it. If you need more liquid you can add more broth until it is fully cooked and fork fully. It takes about 45 minutes or more because the time may vary. For cooking, you can use water, but I recommend you use stock for better taste.
- You can use cooked wild rice in a salad, it can be eaten as it is or as a side dish, it can also be used in a stir fry.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: