Lo mein recipe is a simple, delicious, with Asian flavor which is absolutely fragrant and tasty. For lo mein recipe you need egg noodle but linguine or spaghetti are a good substitute. You can make this recipe without chicken you can use mushroom or just plain with vegetables.
Also, you need vegetables to make this recipe. Here’s the list of some of the vegetables for this recipe; spinach, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, snow peas, bell pepper (any color), snap peas and many more. So, use any vegetables you like and enjoy. I have other Asian inspired recipes on the blog please check them out.
You might want to try;
- 8-10 oz Egg noodles or Linguine or spaghetti
- 1 Cup Chicken breast (sliced/diced seasoned with salt, pepper and pepper flakes)
- 3 Cups Fresh Baby spinach (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 Bell pepper (any color of your choice)
- 1 Small Onion (sliced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger minced
- Splash Sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (canola/vegetable oil)
- ¼ Cup low sodium soy sauce (lite)
- ¾-1 Cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Mix all the ingredients under sauce low sodium soy sauce, water, Oyster sauce, Vegetable oil, Cornstarch) and set aside.
- Slice the carrot, zucchini bell pepper and set aside.
- Cook the noodles/linguine/spaghetti according to the packet but don’t cook it for about 95%. Drain it and drizzle the sesame oil over it to coat in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large wok/skillet cook chicken (season with salt, pepper I added some red pepper flakes but it’s optional). Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the chicken on both sides until it’s fully cooked. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
In the same pan, sauté onion, bell pepper (use any color of choice), garlic, and ginger for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you’re stirring as you cook to avoid burning. Cook until softened.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, fresh spinach (rinsed).
- Pour the sauce mix and combine. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked and noodles/spaghetti/linguine and combine them. Allow everything and allows the noodles to cook fully. You do not need salt because of the sauce but taste and readjust the necessary if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: