Happy New Week Everyone! I hope you’re all coping well with the stay-at-home order? Please stay safe, keep safe, and wash your hands. In the wake of this Covid-19 I have been eating a lot more of spicy food and this mango habanero sauce is one of the sauces I used for some of my meals and sometimes I just lick it instead of snacking because it’s a little bit hard keeping myself away from the refrigerator…lol and I want to share the recipe with Y’all.
As the name implied mango habanero sauce is spicy and very easy to make but you can tone down the heat to suit your preference. You can use this sauce for chicken, tacos, sandwiches, or any meal you would use a sauce for. Let’s go make some sauce.
You might want to try;
- 3 Big mangos (flesh only)
- 2 Carrots (peeled, rinse, cut into chunks or diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 Sweet pepper (I used orange)
- 4 Habanero (adjust to your preference)
- 2 Tablespoons extra olive oil
- 3 Garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
Peel the mangos, remove the flesh, rinse the pepper and remove the stems, (I used the seeds too) the heat lives in the seeds if you don't want too much heat you can remove the seeds or reduce the amount of habanero you want to use, clean up the carrots and chop up. Set aside.
Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion, add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the mango, carrot, pepper, apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil then simmer about 15 minutes or until the mixture is soft.
- Add the mixture to a blender and blend or puree. Drizzle honey as you blend and taste. Adjust to your preference. Be careful the content is hot or just allow it to cool down.
- Pour the blended mango habanero into an airtight container. Allow to cool down completely before refrigerating. Drizzle over sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken, bread, ice cream, fish and enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: