Happy mid-week guys! How’s your week going? This week we’re having fall break; Thursday through Monday (at least some of us because two of my kids will have theirs during thanksgiving week) so, I decided to share this delicious popcorn snack with y ‘all should incase you’re also having a break or want snack inspiration.
Have you ever tried popcorn adding other stuff to it? if not, this marshmallow popcorn with chocolate bars will definitely hook you up. It contains basic ingredients popcorn kernels, marshmallow, chocolate, butter, and oil. I used dark chocolate but if you don’t like chocolate you can totally take it off the ingredients.
This is a good snack for a crowd, party, or a better substitute for the normal “boring” movie popcorn…lol
Let’s get started.
- 1 Cup Popcorn kernel
- 5 Cups Marshmallow
- 2/3 Cup Dark Chocolate
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Oil your choice
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
Gather the ingredients and grease a casserole pan or any rectangular deep baking pan and set aside.
- Place a heavy bottom saucepan/pot over medium-high heat and add the oil and allow it to get hot.
- Add the popcorn kernel and cover, when you hear the sound of the kernel popping shake the pan/pot (don’t open) to redistribute the kernel and place back on the heat. Continue to do that until the popping sound is reduce or when you shake the pan you can hear little or no kernel moving around in the pan.
- Pour the popped popcorn into the prepared baking pan.
Place another pan/pot over medium-high heat and melt the butter, add the marshmallow and the vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until the marshmallow all melt.
- Pour the marshmallow into the popcorn and use two spoons or spatula to combine all together. Use a parchment paper to cover the popcorn mixture and press down.
- Melt the chocolate, you can do this in the microwave or place the chocolate bowl in a pot of hot water. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn and leave for about 1 hour to rest and form a whole bar.
- Cut with a knife and serve or keep in a dry container with lid.