One of our kids’ favorite meals is the meatball sliders anytime I prepare it they can’t wait for me to take pictures and the reason I didn’t share the recipe for a very long time. Thank goodness one day I finished preparing it earlier before they came back from school and I was able to take pictures of the final sliders.
Meatball sliders are prepared with ground beef with herbs and seasoning then added to the sauce. I used Mariana sauce, you can use store-bought or homemade sauce you like for it too. Also, I used Hawaiian rolls but feel free to use any rolls of your choice. You need to try this recipe, trust me the taste is everything you want to eat today.
You might want to try this;
- 1 pound Ground beef
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs (Italian or plain)
- ½ Cup Minced onion (I used dried you can use fresh)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon parsley dried basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder (each)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Cup Mariana sauce/homemade sauce (or more)
- Swiss cheese (slices or grated)
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or more)
- 1 Teaspoon parsley
- Dash of Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F then line a baking sheet/skillet/oven proof pan and set aside.
Mix melted butter, teaspoon parsley, and brush the Hawaiian rolls (slice open or make a hole) then bake for about 5-7 minutes when done remove and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a bowl, add breadcrumbs, minced onion, egg, parsley, dried basil, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, milk, Salt and pepper.
Make sure your hands are clean, mix and make sure you don’t over mix and make 12 balls and cook in a skillet and brown the meatballs when you're done transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, add the Mariana sauce (or homemade sauce) and return the browned meatballs and gently coat.
Allow the meatballs warm-up check if you need more seasoning and readjust if necessary and if the meatballs were not fully cooked while browning and cooking make sure you allow it to fully cook in the sauce.
- Scoop sauce and meatball in each rolls top with more sauce if you desire and add cheese, I used sliced cheese and cut them before placing over the meatballs, you can use as little cheese or as more as you like.
- Return the rolls and meatballs in the oven and bake for about 5-7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: