This pasta salad is a meatless salad, simple, full of flavor, and simple side dish. It requires a few ingredients to make you can use your favorite dressing or use the dressing I used.
There are some additional or add-ins ingredients that could be used in the pasta salad. Vegetables, bell peppers, cheese, eggs, cucumber. You can also use grape tomatoes for this recipe. After cooking the pasta make sure you rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, also don’t overcook the pasta so you don’t end up with mushy pasta.
This salad is a great addition to your summer grill meals and it is very important to refrigerate to allow the flavor to permeate the pasta. If you’re serving some the following day it is important you add more dressing when serving.
You might want to try;
- 1 Packet Ditalini or any small size pasta (1 pound) (cooked, and drain)
- 3 Corn (husks removed, roasted and removed from the cob)
- 1 Avocado (halved, stone removed, and diced)
- 2 Tomatoes (deseed and diced)
- ¼ Cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Teaspoons Parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Virgin oil (or your choice)
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup Red wine vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lime or lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch Red pepper flake (optional)
Gather all the ingredients, remove the husks of the corn and roast them.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and chill.
In a big saucepan, bring water to a boil and season with salt. Add pasta and cook al-dente, rinse with cold water, drain very well and set aside. You need to rinse pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Open the avocado, remove the stone, remove the peel and dice. Chop the onion, tomato, if you desire, remove the seed. Chop the parsley and add all the ingredients into a bowl. Also, add the roasted corn into the bowl.
Drizzle the dressing over the pasta mixture, check the seasoning and adjust if it requires. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Refrigerate, serve and enjoy! Sprinkle some chili if you desire.
If you're serving some the following day it is important you add more dressing when serving.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: