Another week another opportunity! Wishing Y’all a fantastic week. It’s memorial day, Happy memorial day to guys! So, a few weeks ago I followed two of my babies to a field trip from their school, on our way back we dined at a restaurant, one of the meals we ate was beef steak. We got home and my two babies ‘Mipo and ‘Ji (middle babies) were narrating their day how good and stressful their trip was to my oldest daughter (Ola) who attends another school. So ‘Mipo was just talking about the steak and before I could say jack she (Ola) was asking for her steak which brought this recipe alive…lol.
The recipe is so simple and delicious. By now you should all know that I don’t share complicated recipes, one of the reasons I don’t bake very often apart from the fact that we’re not really a “cake” person…lol. So, I replicated the steak we ate on our trip and everyone was happy…lol. You can serve the steak with Fluffy Creamy Mashed Potatoes , also you can use any of the tender cut of beef of your choice, without much ado let’s get started!
- 1 Pound Beef steak
- ¼ Cup Beef broth or water
- ¼ Low sodium sauce
- ¼ Worchester sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda helps to tenderize
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- ½ Tablespoon Minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1.5 Bell peppers sliced; any color of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, whisk beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, salt, and pepper. Make sure the cornstarch dissolves.
- Half the sauce and add baking soda in one, place the beef and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place a skillet over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the meat and sear for about 3 minutes on both sides.
Remove and set aside. Slice the onion.
Deseed the bell peppers, rinse and slice/julienne,
In the same pan, add garlic, ginger, and onion, also add the bell peppers and stir Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the seared meat back into the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Serve and enjoy!