Baby, it’s cold outside! Oh, my! The weather is getting colder day by day. If it’s as cold as my neck of the wood then you need this peppermint hot chocolate to keep you warm. It’s creamy, smooth and comforting!.
The quantity of the peppermint used was just right. I used different types of chocolate but feel free to adjust to your taste, also I used half and half for more creamy hot chocolate, you can use just whole milk if that’s what you have.
This drink is also perfect for the holidays, so this drink is perfect for this season! Before you start your day let’s steam up some hot chocolate drink!
- 2 Cups Hal and Half
- 2 Cups Whole milk (1%,2% or your choice)
- 4 Peppermint candy; smashed (more for serving)
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 4 oz Semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 oz Mildly sweet chocolate
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
Add half and half, and whole milk to a large pot and steam over medium-high heat.
While the milk is steaming, smash the peppermint, put some into a ziplock and crush with a rolling pin.
Add all the chocolate; I used mildly sweet, semi-sweet, and chocolate powder but feel free to use any chocolate of your choice.
- Add the vanilla extract, smashed peppermint candy, stir and allow to heat up.
Serve with peppermint candy and top with whipping cream.
You can also top with a marshmallow if you desire.
You might want to try Easy Hot Apple Cider Drink