Either you love soup or not you will fall in love with this potato, sausage, and cabbage soup, it is so delicious! I have made it several times and the taste keeps getting better. You can use any type of sausage of your choice, I used a small head of a cabbage, some carrot, and celery. The red pepper flake didn’t make it spicy it was just moderate but if you don’t like spice at all you can leave it out. Also, I’m used to peeling my potatoes because one of my kids won’t eat potatoes with the peel on, so feel free to scrub and cook without peeling. Let’s get started!
- 1 Pack Sausage (your choice) cut into bite size
- 1 Head Cabbage (shredded)
- 3 Medium Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 Celery sticks (cut into chunks)
- 1 Pound Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 Cups Broth (your choice)or more
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 Cloves Minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (or your choice
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Red pepper flake (or more)
- Salt and pepper
Place a large saucepan/pot over medium-high heat. Add the diced sausage and lightly brown the sausage on both sides for about 5 minutes.
Remove and set aside.
Add oil to the same pot used for the sausage.
Add the minced garlic and onion. Add the Italian seasoning and saute for a few minutes.
Add the red pepper flake, diced carrots, and celery and stir.
Add the potatoes, sausage, cabbage, and broth. Add salt and pepper.
Cook until the potatoes are tender.
Check the seasonings and readjust if necessary
Seve and enjoy!
You can increase the quantity of the liquid if you want more liquid.