Red Pepper and Spinach Stuffed Turkey are on the menu and as usual it’ a simple recipe to make and you’re going to enjoy it. You can use chicken breast but I used turkey breast. You will need to flatten the turkey or chicken breast (whichever one you’re using) if you can’t do it let your butcher flatten it for you. Let’s get started.
- 1 Turkey Breast (flattened)
- 1.5 Cups Frozen Spinach (thawed and squeezed)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (or your choice)
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Small Red bell pepper (chopped)
- Kitchen twine
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Seasoning cube
- Seasoning (your choice)
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place a saucepan over a medium heat, and add olive oil.
Saute chopped onion sprinkle salt and let the onion soft.
Add ginger, nutmeg, and stir.
Add chopped red bell pepper and cook for a few seconds.
Add spinach and breadcrumbs, season, seasoning cube and stir and let everything warm together, adjust the taste and set aside.
Put the turkey breast on a plastic wrap and flatten the turkey breast. Sprinkle both sides of the turkey with seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Be careful about the way you handle the turkey so you don't contaminate everywhere.
Spread the spinach mixture on the turkey breast.
Roll up the turkey and use the twine to hold it together. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the rolled up turkey keeping it in mind that there's seasoning in the stuffing mixture.
This stage you can sear on a skillet for about 6 minutes or until the turkey rolled up cook until golden brown on all sides then place the turkey into the oven or place it directly into the preheated oven and bake for 50- 55 minutes (or until the depending on the size of the turkey).
Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Serve and enjoy!
Note for Gravy:
- If you want to make gravy, in the same pan you used for roasting the turkey, place it on a medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil or butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour (depending on how much liquid you have in the pan, the liquid should be the equal part of the flour) and stir until the flour dissolve add chicken broth about 1/2-3/4 cup of chicken broth to the mixture and boil until it reduced add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the stuffed turkey.
If you want it spicy add habanero while adding red bell pepper.
You might want to try Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
If you try any of the recipes, please leave your thought in the comment section, see you in the next recipe.
5 thoughts on “Red Pepper and Spinach Stuffed Turkey”
Make una see better food. u are great jo. kudos
Hey Aliyah, I love this recipe! My daughters middle name is Aliyah so I couldnt resist checking out your blog!
Awww… Thanks for stopping by and say hi to Aliyah.
Holy yum, I’m gonna try turkey and spinach…
It’s delicious! Please do I will be expecting your feedback. Thank you