If you need something simple and feel festive this sausage wreath is good and very easy to replicate. It’s simply arranging pig-in-a-blanket or sausage roll then arrange into a circular form. I used pie dough to make the sausage wreath but if you want something very quick you can use store-bought dough.
If you’re making the dough yourself make sure you use cold butter and cold water, ice cubes and water will also work, or just place your water and butter in a freezer before you start working on your dough. Store-bought pizza, crescent dough, pie crust dough, or puff pastry dough would do the job for. Also, if you want to make your dough then you can follow the recipes and instructions below.
You might want to try;
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks; cubed)
- ½ cup Cold water with ice (less or more)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Packet ‘Lil Smokies sausage (mini sausages/ long and cut into small pieces)
- Egg wash (1 tablespoon water whisk with egg)
You can use store-bought pizza dough or pastry dough(2) if you don't want to make the dough yourself and follow the instructions from step 5. If you want to make the dough start here. Add flour, salt, sugar in a food processor and whisk together.
- Add cubed cold butter and pulse for a few times you’ll notice the butter crumbles and have like peas size trapped in the flour.
- Add ice-cold water into the flour mixture little by little until the flour comes together and look like a small ball. I used exact ½ a cup of water. Don’t add the water all at once.
- Place the dough into a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a round baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and measure about 6 inches length, cut into a rectangle shape and let the thickness be around ¼”.
- Place sausage into one triangle dough (the biggest side) and roll-up.
Place a round bowl on the baking sheet and place the rolled-up sausage, continue with the rest of the dough and arrange until you’re done and form a round shape on the baking sheet, remove the middle bowl. If you want to make it fancier make a bow or two and place on one side of the rolled-up dough.
- Whisk egg and water (egg wash) and brush the dough. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce of your choice or ketchup. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: