Sauteed lemony broccoli is a very basic saute vegetable with the touch of lemon juice, zest and other seasonings. If you love citrus you will love this sauteed lemony broccoli.
You can cut down on the amount of lemon if you don’t really like citrus. if you like some heat just throw in some red pepper flakes.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Pound Broccoli
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Lemon (Juice and zest)
- Pinch Fresh ginger (minced; optional)
- Salt and pepper
Trim the end and pull apart the vegetable.
Add water (enough to cover the vegetable) into a medium size pot and bring to a rolling boil. Add the broccoli to the boiling water and blanch for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and add to a bowl of cold/ice water, remove and drain the vegetable on paper towel.
Clean the ginger and garlic, and mince. Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Sauté the minced garlic and ginger for a few minutes (don’t burn it).
- Add the drained broccoli and combine. Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper, combine let it warm up for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!