Spinach pizza is a great way to eat pizza, adding some sauteed spinach pizza make a whole lot of difference in this spinach pizza. For this recipe, you can use store-bought pizza dough if you don’t want to make your own dough or you want something quick. I made my dough from scratch and I’ve linked the recipe below.
For any pizza recipe, use any toppings of your choice. For the spinach, I used frozen spinach thaw it and squeeze out the liquid as much as I could. I do not recommend fresh because it will leach liquid and you don’t want that in your pizza.
You might want to try;
- 1 Pizza dough (check how to make it or use a store-bought)
- 12-16 oz Frozen spinach (thaw and squeezed)
- ¾ Cup Pizza sauce (or Mariana sauce)
- ¾ Cup diced tomato (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 8 slices Cheese (swiss/mozzarella/parmesan or a mixture of cheese blend)
- ¾-1 cup shredded cheese
- Toppings of your choice (I used diced sausage, pineapple, cooked chicken, onion)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (or your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic and onion (each)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornmeal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the frozen spinach (thaw and squeezed), seasoned with granulated garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Allow to cool down.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F, grease the pizza pan and sprinkle the cornmeal over it.
Roll out the pizza dough, stretch out with your hand and place on the pizza pan. The dough can make 2 pizzas but I wanted something thick or like a deep-dish style pizza. So feel free to divide the dough into two and make two pizza out of the dough. I'll link the dough recipe to the post and you can also use store-bought dough for this recipe.
- Add the pizza sauce, the sautéed spinach.
- Add the sliced cheese top with the remaining toppings (chicken, sausage, seasoned tomatoes, pineapple, onion) or any toppings of your choice. Then top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown.
Allow to cool down. Slice, serve.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: