This Friday is Cinco de Mayo, so in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo which is celebrated every 5th of May, It is observed to commemorate the Mexican’s Army…, you can read more about it on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo
So, today’s recipe is Fajitas! You can also make fajitas with chicken but I’m using steak in this recipe. You can serve fajitas with any salsa
of your choice. Feel free to add any toppings of your choice, also you can use a jalapeno in place of green bell pepper. My troupers added chutney (recipe coming up later) which was ridiculously delicious with it. Let’s cook
- 1 Pound Beef
- 2.5 Bell peppers of your choice (I used green, red and orange)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Red flake pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoon Olive oil (or your choice; divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Lime juice
- Knorr bouillon powder/cube
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla flour (warmed)
- Clean the meat and thinly sliced against the grain.
In a bowl, add the red flake pepper, cumin, knorr, garlic powder, cornstarch and the lime juice. Add the beef and mix.
- Mix and set aside for about 30 minutes.
Deseed the peppers and julienne/slice, also slice the onion.
- Place a skillet over high heat, add half of the oil and cook/brown the beef on both sides.
- Remove and cover the aluminum foil to the beef warm.
- In the same skillet and the remaining oil. Add the sliced onion, and peppers.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
Remove the pepper onto a plate or if you like you can return the beef to the pepper and mix together.
- Warm the tortillas.
Place a tortilla in a place and add the pepper, beef. You can add sour cream, avocados, cheese, lime or salsa for the toppings while serving.