Strawberry muffins are a great breakfast meal to enjoy with your little ones and the whole family. For these strawberry muffins. I used fresh strawberry but feel free to use frown strawberry if that is what you have all you need to do is thaw the frozen strawberries and drain the liquid, you can also pat dry if you desire.
Strawberry muffins require simple ingredients which are flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, vanilla, strawberry, vanilla, and milk. Adjust the sugar to your preference and you can as well substitute honey for sugar. There are other simple and easy breakfast recipes on the blog, feel free to search for them and I will also add some links below.
You might want to try;
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 - 2.5 cups strawberries (hulled, rinsed, and chop up)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin pan with muffin paper liners, spray with baking spray or oil (I used butter-flavored cooking spray)., Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of flour over the chopped strawberries (this helps the strawberry to stay afloat), combine and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream sugar and butter for about 2 minutes, you can use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer.
- Crack eggs (one at a time) and combine with the sugar mixture, repeat the process for the second egg and mix. Add vanilla extract and mix.
Add about 1/3 of the flour and combine on allow speed.
Add about half of the milk and combine, then alternate flour and milk until you exhaust both flour and milk.
Add the strawberry and combine, scoop into the muffin pan don’t overfill the pan. Top with some strawberry (strawberry and sugar combined). Repeat the process to fill the pan.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly brown, poke the middle with a toothpick and if it comes out clean it is done, you don’t want dry muffins.
- Remove the muffins and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Make sure you don't over bake the muffins. You want them fluffy and if you over bake them, they will turn out hard.
Serve and enjoy! You can poke and some drizzle honey/maple/ or icing over the muffins if you desire.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: