Tater tot is commonly known for its cylindrical shape, prepare from grated and seasoned potato. It can serve as snacks, a side dish, or to form another dish like tater tot pizza or casserole. I like it a little bit crispy so I usually fry it a little bit further.
To make tater tot you need to peel and cook the potato a little bit not fully cooked it then you need to grate with a grater, squeeze water if there’s any, season and form the shape before frying. You can form all the tots before you start frying so you don’t need to go back and forth from frying and forming the shape.
You might want to try;
- 1 Pound Russet potato (Irish)
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Dried parsley
- Oil enough to fry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes, rinse, add to a pot, add water enough to cover and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes until when you pierce the potatoes with a knife it still firm and not fully cooked you don’t want to fully cook the potatoes.
- Drain and allow the potatoes to cool down.
- Grate the potatoes into a large bowl with a grater; use the biggest grater holes. After grating scoop some and close your fist to check if there’s water in it if there’s water squeeze it out because you don’t want water in it.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine with the potatoes, season with salt and pepper generously but make sure you don’t go overboard.
- Heat oil in a skillet or frying pan to about 350 degrees F while the oil is heating, scoop small potatoes mixture and form small tot, you can form everything and just fry.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown, if you want it crispy fry a little bit longer when it’s golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: