It’s another blessed week, wishing Y’all a happy new week. Another day with another recipe and it’s teriyaki rice recipe. This is a warm and nourishing rice dish, the dish starts with a couple of scrambled/cooked eggs, chicken, peas and carrots to which rice and seasonings are included.
When you can make this at home why bothering about take-out? because it is a very simple and delicious meal. If you try this dish you won’t want to buy take-out trust me. The ingredients are mostly what you will have in your pantry, brown rice is a great substitution for the rice too. If you would like to make your own sauce I will add the recipe in the note below. Let’s started.
You might want to try;
- 2.5 Cup Cooked Rice
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Peas and Carrot (or vegetables of your choice)
- 1 Cup Chicken Breast diced
- ¼ Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ Cup Red bell chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil (or your choice)
- 2 Sticks Green onions chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- Salt and pepper
Clean the chicken, dice, season with onion, garlic, ginger powder, salt, and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs season with salt, and pepper.
- Place a wok or pot over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of oil and scrambled or cook the eggs, remove onto a plate and set aside.
Increase the heat to high-heat add the remaining the oil and add the seasoned chicken, cook on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and the green onion.
- Add the carrot and peas and mix.
- Add the cooked rice and combine.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and combine, allow everything to warm up.
- Add the cooked eggs and use a spoon to break the egg apart, then mix everything together.
- Check the season and adjust if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy.
1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder, 1-2 garlic (minced), 3 tablespoons water (divided), 1 teaspoon sesame oil (or your choice), 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
Separate one tablespoon of water and cornstarch, then heat the remaining ingredients, when it thickens a little bit make a slurry (mix water and cornstarch) then add to the mixture and mix. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: