Yeah! Aliyah recipes and Tips is One! I’m so happy about the milestone, and so excited for what this year holds. Blogging is a labor of love, but I’m so happy my labor is not in vain because if I post/blog and no one reads my posts, it is fruitless and I will not be motivated to do more so for this I say a very big thank you to all my readers. I do not take it for granted, thank you so much. Please, stay tuned for more scrumptious meals recipes and more.
Please, feel free to share any suggestion, recommendation, inquiry, or criticism you have for this blog in the comment below or send an email to email@example.com. I will love to read from you all.
Today’s recipe is Tomato-sausage soup, full of healthy, hearty ingredients. Just under 30 minutes your meal is on your table. It is not a spicy soup but you can use more spice as much as you want, You can use any sausage of your choice. You can also add can beans (cannellini, black beans or any of your choice) just drain and rinse then add it when you’re adding the potatoes.
You might want to try;
- 8 pieces Sausage (your choice)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (15oz)
- 3 Big Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 3 Sticks Celery (chopped)
- 2 Red Potatoes (scrubbed, rinse, and quartered)
- 1 Small Onion (sliced)
- Handful Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flake or more
- Seasoning powder/cube optional
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil or your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Gather all the ingredients and chopped the vegetables.
- Place a big saucepan/pot over high heat, add the sausages and render all the fat. Remove and the sausages onto a plate and drain the oil.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive and reduce the heat to medium-high heat.
Add the ginger, garlic, thyme, onion and sauté until translucent. Add the carrots and vegetables and combine, cook for about 1 minute and add the turmeric.
Add the tomato sauce and combine, about one cup of water (or more) and combine.
- Add the potatoes and sausage. Season with seasoning powder (if you’re using), bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Combine, cover and cook until the potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes.
Add the spinach, red pepper flake, lemon zest, pinch of sugar (to take off the sourness from the tomato) and mix. Check the season and readjust if necessary.
Turn off the heat after about 1-2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy. It can be served with bread.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: