We love pasta and this turkey fajitas pasta is not an exception because the taste is heavenly, using turkey breast for this dish was a good decision because it added more flavor to the dish. You can use small shaped pasta for this turkey fajitas pasta if you don’t like turkey or you can access it chicken is a great substitution.
I included the taco seasoning mixture I used just combine and use the portion you need to for this recipe you can use the seasoning in another dish. I have other fajitas recipe on the blog please check them out and I’ll also link so below.
You might want to try;
- 8 oz. Pasta
- 2 Cups Skinless Turkey breast (diced or sliced)
- ½ Cup Heavy cream
- 1 ½ -2 cups chicken broth (or more)
- 1.5 Bell peppers (I used 3 colors)
- 3 Roma Tomato (diced)
- 1 Onion (Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil (or your choice)
- ½ Cup Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning 1/8 cup ground cumin, 1 Tablespoon black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic salt (each, salt to taste)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt and peppers to state
- Clean the turkey or chicken (if that’s what you’re using) then dice or cut into strips. Mix the taco seasoning then scoop 2 tablespoons (keep the rest for another use) then add to the turkey or chicken then mix to combine.
- Clean your hand and clean the peppers and onions then slice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, add the turkey and cook on both sides it takes about 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until softened.
- Add sliced peppers and combine if you wish you can sprinkle some of the taco seasonings and stir together. Cook for about 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet/pot, add the broth and heavy cream. Add the tomatoes and pasta and seasoning with salt and pepper keep it in mind that the turkey has been seasoned already, cover and cook un till the pasta is al-dente or most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the pepper mixture and turkey. Combine and cover to cook absorb all the flavor. Check the seasoning and readjust if necessary.
Sprinkle cheese (if you're using) over the cooked pasta, combine and allow the cheese to melt.
Serve, garnish with avocados if desired.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: