This is a guest post from Catherine of mykitchenadvisor.
It is a delicious recipe that can be found in every Turkish village. It is simple and the best Turkish food in terms of versatility. You can combine it with pretty much everything, and it tastes great.
You might want to try;
- One pack of dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Half a cup of warm water
- Half a cup of Greek-style yogurt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve the sugar, yeast, and salt in some warm water. Add this all to the yogurt, flour, and mix well. You will want the dough to be soft and not sticky. Turn it out onto a floured surface and shape it into a small ball. Allow it to rest on a damp cloth at room temperature for three hours.
- Cut up the dough into four pieces and shape each portion into rounds. And then flatten each of these and cover with a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and place a round of dough into it. Bake it until you see brown spots appearing at the bottom, around one minute. Flip your bread and heat for another minute. Once this is done, it’s ready to serve. Repeat with your remaining rounds.
Who knew Turkish recipes could taste so good?
Any red-blooded man will undoubtedly appreciate these Turkish dishes. They are all Turkish food recipes with hearty and delicious ingredients that work well together. You can eat them at any time of the year, again and again. We hope you enjoy them as much as we’ve enjoyed trying them out ourselves!
What are your favorite Turkish recipes? Do you have any you’d like to share? Tell us in the comments section below.
Catherine Wiley as always been interested in food, ever since her grandmother taught her how to ferment her sauerkraut. She works as a freelance copywriter and has been writing about food for the past 15 years. Catherine loves spicy food and is an avid musician too. She has played the piano since the age of 5! You can read more about here @ mykitchenadvisor.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: