Turmeric coconut rice is the recipe I’m sharing today, I love turmeric and coconut. Turmeric has a lot of benefits that helps us and I linked a comprehensive post about the benefits of turmeric in my other Turmeric Rice (Slow Cooker Recipe) post please check it out.
So, today’s recipe is slightly different from the previous post about turmeric this one is turmeric coconut rice which means it was cooked in coconut which changes the taste and gives it a coconutty flavor. I toasted the rice in the spice which helps enhance the flavor. I used sweet peppers, peas, and carrot but they’re optional you can cook it without the three ingredients and still get good flavor rice.
You might want to try;
- 4 cups Long grain rice
- 12 oz Peas and carrots (optional)
- 2 Sweet peppers (chopped; optional)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or your choice)
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Can coconut milk
- Chicken stock/water
- 1 Onion (diced/sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 1 Heap Tablespoon Turmeric powder
- Seasoning powder/cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the rice until water runs clear then soak (optional) and set aside. I used frozen peas and carrot; thaw and set aside.
Clean the pepper deseed and chop, clean the onion and dice. Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic, pepper, thyme, and turmeric powder then stir. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Drain the rice and add it to the turmeric mixture. Combine and toast for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and mix then add chicken stock or water just to reach a little bit above the rice mixture. Season with seasoning powder/cubes, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until the rice is al-dente add more water if you need to, add the peas and carrots and combine.
- Check the seasoning and readjust if necessary. Allow the rice to dry and cook until fork fluffy then take off the fire.
- Serve and enjoy
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: