This is a simple, quick and delicious wild fried rice recipe. If you like wild rice and you want to transform it into another quick meal this is a good recipe to try out. Wild rice has a lot of nutrients like brown rice, with the vegetable, shrimp and other ingredients added to this wild fried rice makes it more delicious and nutritious.
If you favor brown rice you can substitute it for wild rice. If you’re wondering how on to cook perfect wild rice you can check Wild rice
I used cooked wild rice which makes it even faster because I don’t have to cook the rice. Also, I used cooked shrimp but feel free to use raw shrimp or any protein of your choice.
You might want to try;
- 3 cups Cooked Wild rice
- 2 pieces sausage (diced)
- 1/2 pound Raw/cooked shrimp (shelled, deveined, and tail off)
- 12 oz. mixed vegetables (green beans, peas, carrots, and corn; thaw and drained if you’re using frozen vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons Extra olive oil (or your choice)
- 4 Green onion (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 Small onion (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup Bell pepper (diced)
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme1 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon ginger
- Seasoning powder/cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Get the recipes ready, chop the vegetables, and set aside. In a wok or big pan/pot heat the oil and add the chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes. Add garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, thyme, and curry and continue to fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables, green onion, red pepper flakes (if you’re using), sausage (if you desire you can add the sausage when you added the bell pepper) season with salt, seasoning powder (if you’re using or replace with salt and pepper) and combine. Cook for additional 3-5 minutes.
Add the shrimp (I used cooked shrimp), and wild rice, and stir together to combine, check the seasoning and readjust if necessary. If you’re using raw shrimp add it to the rice a few minutes after you added the vegetables and other (in the previous step) I added it with rice so as not to over-cook it.
Also, my rice was already warmed before adding it to the mixture. Garnish with parsley if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: