Zucchini and sausage egg muffins are delicious and healthy choices for breakfast if you want something quick, tasty, and healthy. I used smoked artichoke mozzarella with garlic chicken sausage but you could use any type of sausage you have or love and if it is bacon you like it goes well with it too. Deli turkey or chicken is a great option too.
There was a pinch of red pepper flakes added but its optional, I just love a little heat it gives. Also, for the zucchini, I used the small holes on the grater to grate the zucchini take that into consideration so you don’t use the bigger size. These zucchini and sausage egg muffins are very light and filling, I served it with avocado slices and loved it.
you might want to try;
- 10 large eggs
- 1 zucchini (cut the tips and shred)
- 2 Sausages (use any type of your choice; diced)
- 3 green onion (diced)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (swiss, mozzarella or your choice)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, spread the muffins pans or place muffins paper and spray. Set aside and get the ingredients ready.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, green onions, and diced sausage and set aside.
- Clean the zucchini and cut both ends and shred. Add to the egg mixture, season with red pepper flakes (if you’re using), salt, and pepper.
- Portion the egg mixtures into the pan (don’t overfill) top with cheese, and bake until the eggs are cooked for about 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean. It is ready!
Allow it to cool down.
Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: