Another chicken recipe I’m sharing is braised chicken with vegetable, as always it is an easy and a simple recipe.
- 4 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 4 Russet Potatoes (peeled, cut into chunks)
- 4 Big Carrots (clean and cut into chunks)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Apple (peeled, cored and cut up)
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne/Dry pepper
- Cabbage (cored, remove the rib and cut into strip)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Seasoning Cube
- 2 Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
Season chicken with curry powder, thyme, garlic powder, seasoning cube, ginger powder/minced, salt, and pepper. Mix and marinate overnight or at least one hour. I marinade mine overnight.
TIP: If you marinade overnight, take the chicken out and let it get to room temperature before using it.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place a saucepan/skillet (oven proof) over medium-high heat, add oil and cook chicken on both sides until it's brown.
Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Saute minced garlic, add onion, carrots, and potatoes. Season with salt and seasoning cube.Transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the cabbage, apple, red flakes/dry pepper (whichever one you're using). Add mustard, chicken stock, mix together and add chicken and bake until it cooked through for about 25 minutes.
Stir the vegetables halfway through. If you want some liquid you can remove it from the oven before the time is up and the food is ready. The time may be different depending on the oven.