Like any other recipes, cabbage fried stew could be prepare in different ways but this is one of many ways to prepare it. This stew was well fried, with red bell, tomato, habanero, jalapeno among others. I used shrimp but feel free to use any protein of your choice or proteins. Ground crayfish is a great addition if you wish to desire to add some just make sure it is not too much so it won’t over the taste.
This cabbage fried stew is delicious and tasty, and to crown it all it doesn’t take time to prepare. Feel free to double the quantity but make sure you use enough oil while frying, if the oil is too much you could skim off some and use in another dish when you’re done.
This stew was prepare for coated fried yam (check the coated fried yam recipe tomorrow) but it could be serve as any other stews. It goes well with rice, bread, boiled yam, beans. Adjust the cabbage to your preference and chop it very small. Don’t forget to rinse your cabbage very well.
You might want t o try;
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Big Red bell pepper
- 1 Habanero (Rodo)
- 1 Jalapeno (you can replace it with habanero)
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger
- Few pieces Shrimp or protein of your choice (peeled, deveined, and tail off)
- ½ Cup Chopped Cabbage (adjust to your preference of to the ratio of the pepper)
- ¼ Cup Palm oil or olive oil (or your choice)
- Seasoning powder (replace with salt if you don’t eat it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Clean all the peppers, and half onion then roughly chop or blend, then set aside.
Heat the oil in a saucepan/pot over medium-high heat then add the remaining onion(chop it) and cook for a few minutes until it fragrant, add ginger and garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add the blended pepper and stir.
Stir and lower the heat, cook until the content is reduced, fried, and oil floats. Season with the seasoning powder/cube and salt.
- Add the chopped cabbage and shrimp. Cook for about 2 minutes check the seasoning again and readjust if necessary.
- P.S Make sure the consistence of the stew is what you want before you add cabbage and shrimp, so you don’t overcook them.
Serve and enjoy!
You can double the ingredients if you need to. Make sure you fry the stew to the right consistency you want before adding the cabbage and shrimp to avoid overcooking.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: