Pizza dough is the recipe I’m sharing with you today, who doesn’t like pizza? I’m sharing how I make my pizza dough which doesn’t fail me, it works every time. I watch food/cooking channels at any given time I’m free to watch TV. One of the competitors on the show(can’t remember the show) used this recipe and I tried it and trust me it works evry single time I make pizza. He used bread flour which gives you better crust than using all purpose flour. I will share the sauce in the next post and finally post how the pizza is actually made. Let’s get started!
- 2.5 Cups Bread flour plus more for dusting
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Yeast or 1 packet
- 1 Cup Warm water
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/8 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
In a small bowl, add warm water yeast and sugar. Set aside for about 10 minutes or until the yeast form up or bubble. The picture was taken before the timeline completes.
- If you’re using a mixer you can use the mixer bowl to proof the yeast.
- Mix the salt and bread flour together.
- Add the flour mixture to the yeast.
- Gently add the oil and continue to mix on low speed for about 10 minutes, if you’re using hand continue to knead until the dough is smooth and stretchy.
- Dump on a floured surface and knead the dough for a few seconds.
- Grease a bowl with oil and place the dough, grease the top of the dough too.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and place the dough in a warm place.
Let the dough rise for about 30-60 minutes or doubled.
Dump the dough on a floured surface and knead for a few minutes, and cut into two balls.
- After the dough has doubled if you’re using it immediately proceed to make your pizza if you’re freezing it, cut the dough into 2 balls and place in a Ziploc bag separately and freeze.
- When you’re ready to use the dough bring the dough out and thaw before using.