If you haven’t tried this locust beans concoction rice you’re missing and you’ve been eating concoction rice wrong all these while. Trust me, if you try this locust beans concoction rice you won’t cook it any other way again, yes, it’s that good.
From toating the iru/locust beans to grilled fish and rice, this gives the flavor you would want in your dish. I used smoked turkey and grilled fish but you can use any other proteins you like or have, also you don’t have to use smoked turkey you can use fresh just season then brown it and if you have cooked ones too you can use it.
You might want to try these recipes;
- 2 Cups Long grain rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Rodo/habanero
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Big Onion (or 2 small)
- 1 Tablespoon Iru/locust beans (rinsed)
- 1 Smoked turkey (shredded)
- Grilled mackerel fish (deboned and shred)
- 3 Tablespoon Extra olive oil (or your choice)
- Seasoning powder/cubes (if you do not use it replace with salt and black pepper)
- Salt to taste
- Clean the peppers, half of the onion and blend until smooth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan/pot over medium-high heat, slice or dice the remaining onion and sauté in the oil, add iru/locust beans and stir fry until fragrant.
Add the shredded turkey and fish then combine and continue to cook for about 1 minute. This helps with the flavor.
- Add the washed rice and toast in the fish mixtures for about 1-2 minutes.
Add the blended pepper, seasonings and combine.
Add water just enough to cover the rice. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook until the rice is fully cooked and a little bit burn.
If you think the rice is not fully cooked with the water don’t add liquid (unless it is so hard) just cover very tightly and allow the steam to cook it until it’s done.
- Combine and check the seasonings readjust if necessary. If you like scent leaves you can garnish the rice with it.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: