French toast is one of the many breakfasts you can quickly whip up in no time and enjoy. It can be enjoyed with so many toppings, berries, berries compote, whipping cream, honey, maple syrup, banana and so much more. If you’re using whipping cream as one of your toppings make sure you allow the toast to cool down if not it will melt.
Have you tried my strawberry jam french toast? it’s delicious and similar to this recipe except that you add the strawberry jam inside the toast, check it out if you love this recipe you’d love the Strawberry Jam French Toast
I have so many simple breakfast recipes on the blog please check them out.
You might want to try;
- 4 Thick slices of bread or your choice (I used Texas Toast)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter for cooking
- Pinch of salt
- Topping of your choice (honey powdered sugar, maple syrup, Brown sugar or berries compote, Berries, grape, whipping cream, and much more).
- In a bowl, you can just whisk all the ingredients except the butter, and bread but I like to do it a step at a time so there won’t be any white egg hanging over the bread or cinnamon floating around the egg mixture.
In a bowl, add the eggs, salt and vanilla extract and whisk for a few minutes.
Add milk and continue to whisk all together.
For this step, you can mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the bread this helps the cinnamon not to clump all over the bread or if you can whisk very well just add the sugar, cinnamon and whisk very well.
Heat a skillet/pan or griddle (I used griddle, so I cooked all the bread at once) over medium heat and melt the butter.
Soak the bread (one at a time) in the mixture for about 10 seconds per side you want the bread to soak the mixture but you don’t want it to stay too long so the bread doesn’t rip off especially if you’re using thin slices of bread. Allow the excess to drip off then place on the hot griddle or pan.
Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown flip and cook the other side. Continue with the rest of the bread.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy. If you want to top it with whipping cream allow the toast to cool down so it won’t melt.
You can serve with egg if you desire.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: