It is Cinco-de mayo is tomorrow the 5th of May, what else to celebrate than this three-bean salad? This is ridiculously easy to whip up, no cooking is involved, inexpensive, and healthy! What else do you need in food? With this bean salad, it is a win-win all around.
All you need is canned beans, just drain the beans, corn, rinse, and combine everything together with the delicious dressing to seal the whole deliciousness. I used black beans, white navy beans, and kidney beans but you could substitute any beans of your choice. Cannellini beans, pinto beans, even chickpea are all good variations. For the corn, you can use frozen (just thaw it), roasted corn, freshly cooked corn.
You can pair this salad, with tacos, tortilla chips are good options too to go with it.
You might want to try;
- For Salad
- 1 -15.25- ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 -15.25 can White Navy beans
- 1- 15.25- ounce can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- one 15.25-ounce can sweet corn drained and rinsed (fresh or frozen corn may be substituted)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (halved if desired)
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers (diced small)
- 1/2 cup green onions (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (finely minced, or to taste)
- Ricotta cheese (for garnish)
- Diced Avocado (for garnish)
- For Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon chili powder (adjust to your preference)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad, open the can of the beans, corn, drain, rinse, and drain.
To a large bowl, add all the salad ingredients and stir to combine; set aside.
In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients, whisk to combine, pour over salad, and toss everything to combine.
Taste the salad, check for seasoning, and make any adjustment if necessary, add more honey, vinegar, salt, pepper etc. as desired.
Cover with the lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow flavors to marry and serve chilled. You can garnish with avocado, ricotta cheese, cilantro if you desired.
You can serve it tacos, with tortilla chips, serve with mixed greens and enjoy. Enjoy!
P.S: If you do not consume the salad you can refrigerate but after 4 days, it will collect more liquid as days go by in the refrigerator.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: