If you’re hosting a party and need some bites size appetizer then look no further. These beef bites recipe has everything you need. You don’t need to slave in the kitchen before entertaining your guests or family. The beef bites recipe is quick, easy and delicious!
The beef was brown after they were seasoned but if you like to boil first you can boil then continue the process from step number 3 of the instruction. But if you’re following my instruction, make sure you allow the beef brown and don’t overcrowd the pan. Overcrowding makes the beef steam and it will not brown and that’s not what you want.
For this recipe, I used different colors of bell peppers (tatashe) but feel free to use one color or any color of your choice. Make sure you use a good type of beef cut for this recipe because this also helps with the flavor.
You might want to try;
- 2 Pounds Boneless Cross rib steak (or sirloin, rib eye or your choice)
- 1 Cup Bell peppers (I used 3 colors; chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted butter (or oil)
- 1 Tablespoon Creole (or seasoning of your choice)
- ½ Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- Seasoning bouillon powder/cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
Clean the beef, if it hasn’t been cut then cut/cube the beef. Season with creole, seasoning bouillon powder/cube, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Then deseed the bell peppers and set aside, you can use just one color of the bell pepper of mixed any color of your choice.
Heat the butter in a cast iron skillet over high heat, then brown the beef, add the beef in a single layer and make sure you don’t overcrowd the skillet. If you overcrowd it will stem the beef and not brown. Allow the beef to cook before you stir about 2 minutes then flip to brown the other sides. You can do this in batches then remove the beef onto a plate.
- Lower the heat, add more butter if you need add more butter do so. Add the bell peppers, minced garlic and season with salt and pepper cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked beef and combine, allow to cook in the pepper mixture, check the seasoning and readjust if necessary.
Note: If you wish to go through the boiling process you can boil the beef after seasoning. You can brown, roast in the oven or fry before adding to the pepper mixture.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Stalk me on social media: