Looking for a comfort food, these beef tips recipe will deliver, serve it with rice, scoop some gravy with beef tips smothered in flavor over fluffy mashed potato or chow as is you’ll definitely ask for more. Beef tips recipe is very easy to prepare, you can use your favorite stew beef type to make it. If you like mushroom you can brown some and include it in the cooking.
I’ll link some mashed potato recipes (and some other recipes) below in case you like to pair mashed potato with this delicious recipe you need help making it. Let’s get cooking!!!
You might want to try:
- 2 lbs beef (stewing beef, sirloin, chuck roast or any type of stewing beef of your choice; clean cut into small chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Brown sugar, paprika, garlic and onion powder (each)
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- bouillon seasoning powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil (or your choice; add more if needed)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- ½ Teaspoon dried thyme, rosemary (each)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Teaspoons butter
- 3-4 cups broth or water (use less or more depending on your preference)
- Pinch of bouillon seasoning powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slurry (1/8 cup cold water plus 2 teaspoons corn starch)
In a bowl, season beef with chili powder, brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning powder (if you’re using) salt, and pepper
Heat oil in a big pan/dutch oven over medium heat and brown/sear the seasoned beef for about 1 minute on both sides you don't want to fully cook the beef. You can sear the beef in batches if you're using a small dutch oven/pan. Transfer the seared beef to a plate and set aside.
In the same pan, add more oil if needed scrape any beef bits in the pan, add sliced onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes. add the remaining gravy ingredients but slurry.
Add the seared beef and combine, bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat until the beef is almost cooked, about 45 minutes depending on the beef size.
Mix cornstarch with small water to make slurry and add half of the mixture, if your beef tips is thickened to your preference you don’t need to add the rest of the slurry. Cook for another 2-3 mins until the beef is fully cooked to your desire.
Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Served beef tips with rice.
Enjoy with your favorite side dish!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Aliyahsrecipesandtips newsletter for free and receive the new post notifications right into your inbox.
If you try any of my recipes, please feel free to rate and leave your thought. Also, I will love to see what you come up with please tag me on social media @aliyah_recipes #aliyahrecipes
Follow me on social media: