The berry compote is one of the toppings you can enjoy with your pancake, waffle, parfait and so on and so forth. Berry compote is delicious, you can combine various types of berries you like to make it or use just one as the case in this recipe. Adjust the sugar to how sweet you want it, I used 1/4 cup of sugar but the zests cut off the sweetness which I like, also you can cut the berries into half or leave them whole I left mine whole because I like to have a bite of it. In case you missed my post on How To Make Pineapple Syrup check it out, you don’t want to miss it.
Let’s get started!
- 1 Pound Strawberry you can use mixture of berries
- 1 Small orange Zest
- ¼ Cup Sugar adjust to your preference
- 1 Tablespoon Orange juice/water
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lime Zest
Remove the strawberry stem and rinse you can leave them whole or cut into half,
I like mine whole.
- Place a small saucepan/pot over medium-high heat
Dissolve cornstarch, orange zest, lime zest, orange juice or water if you’re using water.
- Add the sugar and mix together.
- Add the cleaned strawberries.
- Bring to a boil, make sure the sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens, so you need to stir occasionally without breaking apart the berries.
- Allow to cool down completely and serve with waffle, parfaits, or pancake.