If you love fruits like me you will love this chutney, I used pineapple and mango, but you can use just mango. I made mine a little spicy but if you don’t want any heat/spice prepare yours without the red flake pepper. Chutney can be eaten with meat, fish, or any side of dish you like, although, it’s different from jam it can be eaten with bread too. My troupers sometime use it in Steak Fajitas Recipe , delicious!
Depending on the fruits you’re using, you might need little or no sugar. I used about 1/4 cup of brown sugar you might want to use less or more. You can refrigerate chutney but make sure you use a How To Sterilize a Canning Jar and let it cool completely before you refrigerate it. Let’s get started!
- 2 Mangos (peeled and diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Cups Pineapple (Fresh or canned)
- 1 Teaspoon Red flake pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Curry
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon (or one stick)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil (or your choice)
- ¼ Bell pepper (your choice of color)
- ¼ Cup Brown sugar (optional)
- ½ Cup Vinegar
- ½ Cup Water
- Peel the pineapple and dice.
- Peel the mangos and dice.
- Dice the onion
- Place a shallow pan over medium-low heat and add heat the oil.
Add the red flake pepper and toast for a few seconds don’t burn it.
- Add the curry and stir
- Add the onion and bell pepper.
Add ground cinnamon.
Add the diced pineapple
Also, add the diced mangoes
- Add the water and vinegar.
- Combine, crank up the heat and bring to a boil
After you've brought the mixture to a boil, season with salt then reduce the heat and continue the cooking until the fruits are very soft.
- In a sterilized jar, pour the chutney. Let it cool down completely before storing in the refrigerator.
- Or serve and enjoy!